Need to dispute information on your background check?

Review the Dispute FAQs and fill out the form below

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a dispute?

If you believe any information reported on your background report is incomplete or inaccurate, you may file a dispute free of charge. Safer Places strives to complete the dispute process, also known as a reinvestigation, as soon as possible, but could take up to 30 days, depending on the nature, scope and source of the information being disputed.

How do I dispute information found on my background report?

You have several ways to dispute information on your background check report: Phone: By calling Safer Places at 508-947-0600 Email: By emailing your request to Online: You may enter your dispute on the form below Fax: By faxing a dispute letter to 508-947-0699 Mail: By mailing your dispute letter to:
Safer Places, Inc.
Dispute Department
25 Wareham Street, Suite 2-26 Middleboro, MA 02346

How does the dispute process work?

Safer Places will notify the requestor of your background report that you have initiated a dispute regarding information found in the report. Upon completion, Safer Places will notify you and the company who requested the background check of the reinvestigation results.

File A Dispute Form

Safer Places will reach out to you shortly after submitting to confirm your dispute.